Raimon Santacatalina ( Vilafranca del Penedés, Barcelona 1969 )
My admiration and respect for nature comes from childhood for many years touring the Pyrenees ... walks through fields and natural areas with my parents.
The interest for photography is also given to my father, him I receive my 15 years, my first camera, a Pentax Asahi Spotmatic SP II.
My avocation for nature photography, begins in 2006 when I bought my first digital SLR camera Canon EOS 10 D, plus a couple of Sigma targets low-end, from then begins my learning, which at all times is self-taught , registered in various forums, reading books, viewing photos and as experimenting with the camera. In 2007 I began to change my equipment for a more professional, to be able to cover my needs.
In 2010 i become a partner AEFONA (Spanish Association of Nature Photographers).
In 2017 i join WWF (World Wildlife Fund) as a partner with whom i collaborate with my photos.
I practice almost any shooting discipline (Fauna, macro, landscape, night ...) always related to nature that is what enthusiasm me.
Some of my photographs have been selected and awarded in national and international competitions, including audiovisual and published in books and magazines both print and digital.
To distinguish the finalist in the International Nature Photography Competition Oasis Photo Contest (ITALY).
Cameras: Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, Canon EOS 1DS Mark III
Objectives: Samyang 14 F / 2.8 ED AS IF UMC, Canon EF 17-40 F / 4 L USM, Canon EF 70-200 F / 2.8 L USM, Canon EF 500 F / 4 L IS USM, Sigma 150 F / 2.8 EX HSM Macro, Tele converter Kenko 1.4 X, Canon Extender 2X II, Extension tubes Kenko
Tripod: Triopo GT-3228X8C, Triopo Ballot NB-3S, Gimbal Ballot Benro GH-2
Flash: Speedlite 430 EX, Speedlite 430 EX II, Sigma EM - 140 DG, Teleflash Better Beamer FX-5, Trigger Canon ST-2
Filters: CPL Polarizer, HItech Neutral and Gradient Density, Haida ND 3.0 1000 x 77
- 2016 Finalist at the International Nature Photography Competition Oasis Photo Contest (ITALIA) category "Birds"
- 2015 Photography selected IV Award-selected Naturforo-AEFONA Landscape category.
- 2015 Photogaphy selected in the category "Birds" for IFWP- International Federation of Wildlife and Nature Photography contest representing AEFONA Photography.
- 2014 Photography selected III Award-selected Naturforo-AEFONA Animal Macro category.
- 2011 Selected photographs at the MONPHOTO International Nature Photography Competition Macro and Landscape category
- 2008 Finalist in the Contest XXI ANG "Asosiacio Naturalists Girona"
- 2017 Action Photography published on the Delta Birding website
- 2017 Article "Photographing Orchids" published on the AEFONA website
- 2017 Photography published in the book "The Secrets of Evolution" written by Prokopenko Igor Stanislavovich (RUSSIA)
- 2017 Photography published in Obekti.bg (BULGARIA)
- 2017 Action photography included in Delta Birding promotional video
- 2017 Report "Un dia entre Grullas" published on the AEFONA website
- 2017 Photography published on the WWF website for the defense and protection of the Iberian Wolf
- 2017 Blog post Every day a Photographer / Photographers on the net
- 2016 Photography published in the journal IRIS (AEFONA)
- 2016 Photography published in the book "Nature Iberica-Four Seasons of Life" edited by AEFONA
- 2016 Photograpy published in thejournal.ie (IRLANDA)
- 2016 Interview and Photographer of the week 9 in TOMA LO TUYO (COLOMBIA)
- 2016 Photography to collaborate with WWF against the persecution of the wolf in Twitter.
- 2015 Portfolio published in the online magazine NHL Agenda Iris 13 (AEFONA)
- 2014 Photography published in the journal IRIS (AEFONA).
- 2012 In search of perfect Photography" 77 Photographers of Nature that you should know "
- 2011 Photography including in the audiovisual "Inner Light" (AEFONA)
- 2011 Photography published in the journal IRIS (AEFONA)
- 2010 Photography included in the audiovisual "Natural Life" (Fotoenlacenatural.com)
Welcom to my Web...